In Patrick Lencioni’s The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, he lists the most significant impairments to team growth. Does your department exhibit any of these dysfunctions?
Lencioni, the five dysfunctions of a team are:
* Absence of trust: unwilling to be vulnerable within the group
* Fear of conflict: seeking artificial harmony over constructive passionate debate
* Lack of commitment: feigning buy-in for group decisions creates ambiguity throughout the organization
* Avoidance of accountability: ducking the responsibility to call peers on counterproductive behavior which sets low standards
* Inattention to results: focusing on personal success, status and ego, before team success
Well, what do you think? How does your department stack up?